In cooperation with the Diocese of Lansing’s protocols, here is St. Mary’s Statement of Workplace Guidelines for this time of coronavirus:
We value the health and safety of the St. Mary Parish employees and guests. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, St. Mary Parish has implemented preventive measures in line with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our focus is to ensure we meet the needs of those whom we serve while doing our part to keep our employees and our communities safe. For the latest updates, we recommend the guidance provided at the CDC website (cdc.gov/coronavirus).
Our buildings and worship spaces will continue to be cleaned with disinfectant cleaning supplies regularly.
At this time, we are taking recommended precautions while continuing operations. While some of our employees are able to telework at least most of the time, we have instructed that all employees who work onsite:
- Maintain a safe distance from one another (at least six feet).
- Wash their hands frequently (at least 20 seconds).
- Practice safe hygiene:
- Have hand sanitizer with at least 62% alcohol readily available.
- Wipe down their workspaces at least once per day with sanitizing wipes, which are provided.
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue and dispose of the tissue and wash hands. When a tissue is not available, use the crook of the elbow to cover the cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if they are not feeling well or have symptoms such as a fever (100.4° or more) or a cough or trouble breathing.
- Self-quarantine or seek medical treatment when necessary.
We are committed to continuing to serve our parishioners during this time.