Our next outdoor Mass will be on the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, on Saturday, Aug. 15 at 10am.
Confession will be available by the parking lot from 9:30am – 9:50am.
After Mass there will be a (socially distanced) Marian Procession.
Please note the following:
We encourage you to sit outside your car to participate in the Mass. The center of the parking lot will be reserved for this purpose. More seating details are below. Therefore:
- A limited number of parking spots will be available in the lot itself. Please park next to the park or in a side street if possible.
- For those who need to stay in their cars during Mass, spots will be reserved around the perimeter of the lot. You’ll be able to back in so that you can watch the Mass.
- The Knights of Columbus will direct you where to park and to sit.
What to Bring
- Something to sit on (a chair, blanket, or cushion, etc.). The parking lot surface may be hot, so be prepared.
- Feel free to bring a hat and/or umbrella, and wear sunscreen.
- Bring water. We will have water bottles available as well. (Water alone does not break the 1 hour Eucharistic Fast.)
- Song sheets: We can sing freely outside! Please print out the song sheet below for each family member.
- No masks required, because it is outdoors. However, if you go into the church to use the restroom, please wear your mask. (The school restrooms will not be available.)
Seating – Please bring your own chairs. (The photo below is a partial set up as an example.)
- The priest and Eucharistic Ministers will wear masks. As normal, they will sanitize their hands before distributing Communion and if there is contact with anyone’s mouth.
- All hosts to be consecrated will be kept in closed containers throughout the Mass.
- Instead of having everyone walk forward to receive, the priest and Eucharistic Ministers will come to the outside of each parking spot. The household in that spot may come up to them there to receive.
In case of poor weather, the Mass and Confessions will be moved back inside. Please join us in praying for the good weather to continue.