Christy Whiting – DRE

Dear Parents, 

My name is Christy Whiting, and I’m the new Director of Religious Ed and Evangelization here at St. Mary Parish. I’m very excited to be part of your community! I have worked in parishes and with children for over 20 years in a variety of roles from teaching in a Montessori school and nannying for families, to developing programs and ministries to bring children, teens, and adults into relationships with Jesus. I look forward to getting to know you and to seeing what the Holy Spirit has for us this year!

Laura Hahnenberg continues to oversee 7th and 8th grade Confirmation and the high school youth group. She’ll be hosting a meeting for the parents of all the Confirmation students on Sunday, Oct. 7 from 12:15 – 1:15pm in the St. Joseph Hall. If your child(ren) are in these classes, please plan to attend. You can reach Laura for more information at jitiu33@yahoo.com

Megan Hogan is coordinating the parish Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) for ages 3 – 1st grade. Space is limited, and priority is given in order of registration and to those already in the program. See the CGS registration form below for more information. You can contact Megan at kehoemeg@hotmail.com

ALL Religious Ed classes will be starting on Sunday, Sept. 30. Because the Sunday Masses are now at 9am and 11am, CGS through 6th grade classes will be held following the 9am Mass, from 10:30am – 12noon. The 7th grade – 12th grades will meet on Sunday evenings from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. 

Importantly, if your children will be attending the morning sessions, please plan to attend either the Saturday 4:30pm Mass or the Sunday 9am Mass each week so that they can continue to receive that critical part of their spiritual formation, upon which the religious ed classes build.   

For grades 2 – 12, online registration is now available. Please click on this link. For those who prefer it, a paper form is also below. You may also register after the Masses on Sept. 9, 15-16 and 23.

Information about the registration fees is also below. These fees cover approximately 20% of the cost to provide religious education; St. Mary subsidizes the other 80%. Payments can be made at the registration table after Mass on the dates above, dropped off at the parish office, or mailed in.

Partial or full scholarships are available to any family who would experience financial difficulty in paying tuition. Please contact me or speak to a representative after Mass if you’d like to request a scholarship. No family is ever turned away, and we are happy to support your family’s spiritual growth.

Parents of 2nd Grade First Communion students: We’ll have a special parents’ meeting during the Religious Ed classes on Sunday, Oct. 7, from 10:30am – 11:45am in the School Gym. Please plan to attend.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. You can reach me at stmary.christy@gmail.com or call me at 517-655-2520.

As a heads up, most communications regarding Religious Ed will be sent via email. Please be alert to them…and I promise not to flood your inbox!

May God bless you and your families!

Christy

Catechesis of the Good Shepherd


Children must be 3 years old by Sept. 1, 2018 – CGS meets after the 9am Mass, from 10:30am – 12 noon.

This program is a hands-on and Montessori-based approach to faith formation, seeking to: deepen the child’s existing relationship with God, encourage formation of a personal prayer life, enable a fuller participation in liturgical and sacramental life of the Church, and develop a deeper understanding of Catholic identity and tradition. Intended for ages 3 – 6.

(Visit cgsusa.org for the national website and more information)

Sunday Morning Children’s (REP)

Grades 1st – 6th


RCIA For Children

 

This program is available for families with children over the age of seven who are either seeking initiation into the Church or who have not received one or more of the following sacraments: Baptism, First Eucharist, and/or Confirmation. We strongly encourage at least one parent to attend every class so the journey toward sacramental reception is one of shared learning and experiences.

 

Saint Mary Catholic Church of Williamston, Michigan


We are a passionately Catholic, Spirit-filled, loving family whose members are sacramental, evangelical, prayerful, and merciful disciples looking to invite everyone into a life-changing encounter with Jesus Christ.

Get In Touch

11 + 12 =

Share This